Your privacy is important to us. We protect the information you share with us by following principles in accordance with world-wide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
- We will not sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
- We use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
We ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally this information is requested when you register on the site or when you order one of our services. We use your personal information for four primary purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- To help you quickly find information you are seeking.
- To help us create dynamic content relevant to you.
- To alert you of special offers, updated information and other new services from our company.
WHAT WE COLLECT
while using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. For the most part, personally identifiable information is encrypted and may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, state, province, zip/postal code, city
- Information related to government registration and certification
- Usage data
Because all of the above data is necessary for us to provide service to you, you cannot opt out of providing us this data.
You can still use our web site if you choose not to register or provide personal information, but you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
If you decide to register, you will be able to select the kinds of information you want to receive from us by subscribing to various services, like our electronic newsletters. If you do not want us to communicate with you about other offers regarding our products, programs, events, or services by e-mail, postal mail, or telephone, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing messages from us.
If you are not a registered user and you previously gave us permission to contact you, there is no automated way on the website to remove yourself from future communications. You must instead unsubscribe via a link in an email that we have previously sent you or you must reach out to our customer support team via our Contact/Reach Out form and request to be removed.
To ensure a convenient experience and to abide by government regulations, we may transmit information about you (such as your name, completed coursework and registration identification numbers) to official government agencies such as the IRS and CTEC.
We provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information:
- You can view and edit personal information you have already given us.
- You can tell us whether you want us to send you marketing information.
- You can sign up for electronic newsletters about our services and products.
- We do not sell your information to third parties – but if we choose to do so in the future, you’ll be able to tell us whether you want third parties to contact you with their offers.
We take strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
We use Stripe and PayPal for your e-commerce transactions. We use secure sockets layer (SSL) server technology software during our transactions, which encrypts your personal information before it's sent over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available. We never see your credit card number and only our payment processors have access to that data. Please view Stripe and PayPal's privacy policies for more information as we have no control over their policies.
We strictly protect the security of your personal information and honor your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one outside our administration staff can see or edit your personal information without knowing your user name and password, so you should not share your account, login, or other information with others.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as Stripe or PayPal. These services may include mailing and delivering information, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Usage data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage data may include information such as your device's internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique id, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND COOKIES
- Web beacons. Certain sections of our service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags, and single-pixel GIFs) that permit the company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
The site will not function without the above mentioned cookies and they are required in order to use the functionality of our website. There is no way to opt-out of the use of these cookies.
DO NOT TRACK POLICY
Our tracking policy is that we do not track you before or after you leave our site. We do not sell your data to advertisers, and we do not use any of your data to provide tracking information to advertisers. We do not offer a way to opt-out your data from third party sales vendors because we do not sell your data and have no plans to do so. However, we reserve the right to change that policy in the future by providing notification and opt-out abilities to you in advance of the change.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the service.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: we may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us about our service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: we may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: we may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, to contact you.
- For business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: we reserve the right to share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions after giving you an opt-out capability. We do not currently share any of your information with business partners and have no plans to do so in the future.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With government agencies: we may disclose your personal information to government agencies (such as CTEC and the IRS) to prove that you completed education successfully
- With your consent: we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require a parent's consent before we collect and use that information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.